Tuesday 5 August 2008

Beginings

I had to patient. Towards the end of the Summer of 2007, ouR house at the time was on the market. We had spent nearly 3 years in our first house, doing it up most of the time, and were patiently waiting for it to sell so we could move back to the city.

I'd dabbled with a bit of growing ones own. A few herbs in pots and even 25 Jalapeno chili plants in a plastic greenhouse in the back garden. The garden was small. Mostly concrete, so there was not a chance of growing veg really. But I had the bug. I was desperate to start growing vegetables!

When we finally moved in the November, I quickly found the nearest allotments. Fairwater allotments are only a 5 minute walk away, so I popped my name down on the list and kept my fingers crossed.

I rang the site secretary nearly every month. He said he was happy to hear my enthusiasim - but I did worry I might be starting to get on his nerves! However, it paid off, and just as I was heading into to town to watch Wales v Italy in the six nations, I received a phone call from him, explaining he had found me a plot and to come down the following morning to collect a key and sign the paperwork! Brilliant! I was excited!

No comments: